Thursday, November 13, 2008

Is it really November?


What a week! I had one of my good friends in town from Seattle this past week. Lauren and I were biology lab partners at UW and just hit it off. We would meet up for dinner on rainy dark days in Seattle and study, catch up on life and dream about our futures. She is such a doll and an absolute sweetheart to be around. We went to lunch, coffee, a few dinners, she came to "Girl's Night", she made us fresh squeezed margaritas in stemless martini/margarita glasses she brought us as a housewarming gift and we talked and talked and talked. She was a little ray of sunshine who came to Maui and somehow made it a sunnier place to be. 

I had weddings, corporate events, and golf tournaments like crazy last week-- of course I have a visitor and things get crazy...that's just how it is. Lauren played assistant for some of the weddings and was a huge help. (Note to self: find permanent assistant). 

We did go to the beach and Mike went out finding more sea glass and shells. He was really sweet all week entertaining and taking care of "his girls". 
Right now, he is making us fish for dinner and I'm trying to occupy myself from seeing the blood and guts-- gross. 
Mike & "The Fish"

I had a meeting today with my favorite linen lady, Debbie from Pacific Event Group and we spent the morning dreaming about some of the gorgeous ideas we have for the Mercedes Benz Tournament Pro Am Dinner in January.  January? Two months away? It does not feel like November...at all. I'm not complaining in the least, but after spending 22 years in Washington experiencing a full blown fall season, it's weird being somewhere where today looks like any other day at any point during the year-- 85 and sunny. It's beautiful but sometimes I secretly hope the skies will just open up and pour! 


No comments: