Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Where have the past few weeks gone?


A lot has happened since I've lasted posted....geez where have I been? Busy I guess. My mom and Doug came into town two weeks ago and it was fun seeing them. We BBQ'd one night at their villa and they came up to the restaurant for dinner another night. Although I was crazy busy with weddings and the LPGA, I was happy I was able to see them as much as I did. The last day, I went and sat out at the pool with my mom...it rained the whole time but she was bound and determined to get a little sun before they left. So we sat and froze our bikini bottoms off!

That was the same week Mike and I had about 40 friends and their families in town for Matt & Angela's wedding at the Plantation House. They are crazy, but it was great to have people to go do things with. The wedding was...umm....well let's just say that it's a Hawaiian blessing to have it rain on your wedding day and they were VERY blessed. The funniest part is that ten minutes before the wedding was scheduled to start, it stopped raining and the sun came out. I'm thinking "Perfect! I knew it would stop raining!" Dang was I fooled! We started the ceremony and everything was going well and not a drop had fallen from the sky....we have the whole wedding party down the aisle and lined up. The bride takes ONE STEP outside and the clouds
open up and completely dump buckets... her perfectly curled ringlets in her up-do were dripping by the time she made it half way down the aisle. Of course it rained throughout the entire ceremony and stopped exactly as "you may kiss your bride!" was announced. Perfect. Where do I enter for the "Wedding Planner of the Year" Award?

The LPGA Kapalua Classic was also happening (see why I haven't been around?) the same week (in addition to 6 other weddings and corporate events). It was a lot of work, but fun to be up close to what everyone else thought of as a big deal. Mike is definitely the golfer of the two of us. I was relieved to have it end. 
By the time all of my craziness slowed, everyone had left! We did get to spend one last day with our friend Chris fishing in Lahaina Harbor. I read my book and waved to the little kids coming in off the cruise boats and the boys tried to catch the "big one". Nice try guys...I think fishing must be a big joke...just an excuse to hang out and drink beer. **shocked** :)
I'm sure there are some things I've missed, but we're heading out for a walk around the neighborhood and I'd better hurry before someone changes his mind!

Love,
Amber Mae
 

No comments: